Rules and Tips for Children
Rules for Responsible Internet Use
The school has installed computers and Internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others:
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet;
- I will use only my own login and password, which I will keep secret;
- I will not access other people’s files;
- I will use the computers only for school work and homework;
- I will not bring floppy disks or USB pens into school without permission;
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved;
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible;
- I will not give my home address or phone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission;
- I will ask for permission before opening an e-mail or an e-mail attachment sent by someone I do not know;
- To help protect other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher if I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like;
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the Internet sites I visit;
- I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the Internet or computers.
Think u Know – The Think U Know site has been developed by CEOP and is packed with information, games and resources for children of all ages. It is also a place where children can report something if they feel uncomfortable or worried about something that has happened online.
CBBC Stay Safe – There are some great videos, tips and games in this site to keep children informed of how to use the internet safely.