PE and Sports Premium
Please download the full report from the link at the bottom of this page.
The government provides additional funding for all academic years. It is to be used to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary school head teachers. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
• Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
• Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
• Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
• Running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
• Buying resources that will enhance PE provision at Lower Park
• Developing more active PE provision at lunchtimes